ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: -emacs flag ??
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:52:47 GMT
At 09:26  28/2/01 +1100, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>Well, that isn't really an argument, is it? I mean I could say that people
>expect an arcane, tab-delimited syntax from similar tools. :-)

Thats not part of UI. Most cars work the same from the outside (ie UI) but
I pressume there differences on the inside. Check out the compilers/build
tools in other products and the type of input they spit out. It all follows
a semi-standard which ant breaks in default form. What makes ants format
better for breaking the semi-standard (and some tools that rely on it) ?

Cheers,

Pete