ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant Shell (antsh) - any thoughts?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:15:07 GMT
At 01:54  22/2/01 +0100, ZACHCIAL,SLAWOMIR (HP-France,ex1) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Last night I thought I would be great to avoid to start JVM and to parse the
>Ant build file each time I want to do a build. I know that there is an
>ongoing effort called 'antidote' but I was thinking rather about a command
>line tool.
>
>And that's how Ant Shell (antsh) is born :-)

kewl ;)

>I would like to know your thoughts about it. Please try it (attached to this
>message) and tell me if the tool like this makes sense, and if yes, what are
>the other features that would be useful. I might become the Ant's
>interactive mode (ex. ant -interactive).

I like it. If it had a command line history it would be fantastic ;) For
Ant2.0 we have been discussing (and I have been advocating) a interactive
mode (see the myrmidon ant2.0 proposal for example).

>If you think antsh is useful I'd love to do a clean implementation and add
>all the demanded features.

I havent ran the code yet but it definetly looks interested and I for one
would be very interested in using something like this ;)

Cheers,

Pete