ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Reserved XML tags?
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:06:43 GMT
Hi,

before we release a final it would be good if we decided whether to allow
tasks/subelements with the name project and target. There is two issues
that I see

1. disallow such arrangements in the ant-dev maintained tasks
2. disallow any-one implementing tasks this way (via magic element names
and/or exception throwing)

Personally I am +1 on first and -1 on second. The reason I am -1 on second
is because it is a trait that will have to be followed in Ant2.x and I
don't see any significant advantage (I know it is easier for DTD users).
However I do see significant disadvantage if ant2.x is used/embedded into
other projects and also because it introduces more magic variables.

Votes?

Cheers,

Pete