ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New manual organization
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 14:52:27 GMT
At 01:30  7/2/01 +1100, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>As Jesse Glick has pointed out, the index.html file is too large and also
>difficult to maintain. I think our long term direction is to have some form
>of structured documentation system, perhaps based on stylebook or Anakia. I
>don't know enough about those yet to know what is reasonable or applicable.

both/either are reasonable and applicable IMHO ;) Just as long as some one
takes charge of keeping process done. If we go with stylebook then I can
handle that (mainly playing with xslt) however anakia is fine (and faster)
if we just use the jakarta-site2 as a dependency. Thou if we want to
transform arbitrary xml docs (ala taskdocs DTD instances) then we need
someone who is happy to work with velocity which looks simple enough.

>In the interim, I have reworked index.html into a collection of HTML files,
>one per task. You can find my updated version here
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/~conor/

I like it ! Great work .. must of taken a while ;)

>At this time, the major change you will notice is on the "built-in tasks"
>link.

Note that the heading still exists in main document.

>A similar approach for optional tasks is of course possible.

and very desirable ;)

>I am looking for feedback on this approach and whether we should adopt this
>for the 1.3 release.

I think it would be a good idea though it is largely up to you being that
you are release manager ;)

Cheers,

Pete