ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant build.bat
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2001 01:42:32 GMT
At 12:23  4/2/01 +1100, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>If you look at the classpath that is actually used to run ant with your
>change, it will have two instances of boostrap\lib\ant.jar. Whilst not a
>problem, it is unnecessary. Was this causing you a problem? It shouldn't
>have been so I would like to know the underlying cause.

No idea what the cause was but the line

for %%i in ("%ANT_HOME%\lib\*.jar") do call "%ANT_HOME%\bin\lcp.bat" "%%i"

failed while build.bat is running. (ie produced nothing) However if I
install ant into another directory it runs fine. I have had similar issues
before but never known the cause (Win98, Win95B and Win98se all exhibit
this). The result was that building would fail as ant.jar never gets added
to CP - not sure what the problem is though ;/

>For example, with your patch my classpath when running a build is
>Setting project property: java.class.path ->
>f:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar;bootstrap\lib\optional.jar;bootstrap\lib\ant.jar;li
>b\parser.jar;lib\jaxp.jar;bootstrap\lib\ant.jar;
>
>Let me know what you get.

The relevent part of mine is
C:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar;lib\parser.jar;lib\jaxp.jar;

Cheers,

Pete