ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant Shell (antsh) - any thoughts?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:12:58 GMT

 [ Ant Shell ]

> I havent ran the code yet but it definetly looks interested and I for one
> would be very interested in using something like this ;)

Dare I say that I'd be even more interested than Peter?  I am on a team developing Jesktop.
 We
already have the latest beanshell running inside it.  Beanshell is excellent, but does not
support
Ant scripts (or individually typed Ant commands).  This would be so cool!  Beanshell's other
problem is that it is GPL and therefore must only import JDK or GPL (or compatible)
classes/interfaces - that clearly precludes Ant :-(

Another shell with command history, and abstraction from System.in & System.out would
be
brilliant.

- Paul H