ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gilbode <gilb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WLJSPC : Weblogic JSP Compilation: Regarding
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:10:36 GMT
Venki,
I'm not sure of the current state of the WLJSPC task.  I had the same needs you
had so I updated the WLJSPC task from ant 1.2 to work with WebLogic 5.1 & 6.0.
It's kinda kludgy in spots but it seems to work fine with WebLogic 4.5.1, 5.1,
and 6.0.

The WLJSPC task that is currently included with ant will not work in WebLogic
5.1 or 6.0 (at least not how you'd expect if you have subdirectories) due to
how packages names are specified.

After some work I also got this task to work in-process.  The original required
that ant fork to work.  It's still a little slow but I think the slowness can
be mostly blamed on the weblogic.jspc.

I've attached a jar containing the source files that I've modifed.  They have
Javadoc in them so that should help you out.

Does anyone know what the current status of this task is in the official ant
releases?  I'd like to see these features get added so I don't have to continue
maintaining my own version of the task.

Mike