ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: New manual organization
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 14:52:59 GMT
Glenn,
From: "Glenn McAllister" <glenn@somanetworks.com>

> I think we all agreed last release that we needed something better, like
> Anakia or stylebook or whatever.  The stopper was we wanted to have
pluggable,
> per task docs that came from their pluggin jars (a la Ant 2).

Still a good idea.

> Seeing as something like this was I wanted for the 1.2 release, I'm
certainly
> not going to object. :-)  My only comment is that you probably do want to
> break out the optional task docs as well.  With them still living in the
main
> index.html, its a little confusing as to why you don't get bumped out the
same
> way you do with the core tasks.

Yep, absolutely. There are these issues and a number of things that would
need to be fixed: task to task links, links to other parts of the old
index.html, etc. This was just a proof of concept thing. I didn't want to
put in more effort than was necessary to show the idea.

The documentation file per task feels right.

> Also, you need a link back from the index of
> tasks to the main page (or one on each content page, but thats harder to
> maintain).

OK, good idea.

Conor