ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject 3rd Beta and updated release plan
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:12:37 GMT
I discovered and fixed a few bugs in the second 1.3 beta, which I believe
are serious enough to warrant a third beta. The bugs are as follows

1. <property environment=""/> had been broken by added logging
2. inclusion of entities was also broken (please see discussion in separate
thread)
3. <ejbjar> did not handle white space when processing EJB descriptors

I have added test cases for these problems to prevent their recurrence.

I also made a change to the classloader and the <java> task to better work
with classpaths. To ensure that these get tested properly, I have again
brought the 1,3 branch and the main trunk into sync. I am hoping gump can
be run once or twice using the resulting code.

I think it wouldn't be wise to proceed directly to a release. Therefore, I
propose the following update to the release plan.

1. I will build beta 3 on 21st to see if any more bugs show up in Beta 2 in
the meantime.
2. If this goes well, I will propose a vote on Monday 26th.

Conor