ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject New manual organization
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 14:30:05 GMT
As Jesse Glick has pointed out, the index.html file is too large and also
difficult to maintain. I think our long term direction is to have some form
of structured documentation system, perhaps based on stylebook or Anakia. I
don't know enough about those yet to know what is reasonable or applicable.

In the interim, I have reworked index.html into a collection of HTML files,
one per task. You can find my updated version here

http://jakarta.apache.org/~conor/

You can either view on-line in the manual directory or copy the
manual.tar.gz file down to see how it is organized.

At this time, the major change you will notice is on the "built-in tasks"
link. A similar approach for optional tasks is of course possible.

I am looking for feedback on this approach and whether we should adopt this
for the 1.3 release.

Comments?
Conor