ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant 1.3 Beta2 Available
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:49:01 GMT
Sam,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com>

> Overall, I would say that in this case the branch caused more work for
all
> (and Connor specifically) than it helped.

Actually, I haven't been too troubled by the branch. It seemed to work well
for me. Of course, it helps that I am pretty comfortable with CVS, being
somewhat the merge-master at work :-)

> Perhaps next time, the term "freeze" should be more clearly defined.
> Depending on the definition, a branch may not be appropriate, or perhaps
> should be done later in the cycle where a freeze really means a freeze.

I had anticipated a lot of work on the documentation which is mostly what
has happened. There were also quite a few bug reports which I hadn't
expected so much of, but which I am happy to have in the release.

Anyway, I think Jesse's fix that Stefan applied is not too critical and we
can push ahead with the release without it.

Conor