ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <baill...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: Automated execution of run-tests via gump
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:45:20 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com>

> java.vm.info=mixed mode
> java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
> java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> java.vm.version=1.3.0
> os.arch=i386
> os.name=Linux

Don't have a working linux boot right now to test this.

As of now, if you have time I think it will be worth trying to change the
method getProcess of the testcase and add the classic flag to the command,
that is:

String[] cmdArray = {
   "java", "-classic" "-classpath", TEST_CLASSPATH,
   TimeProcess.class.getName(), String.valueOf(timetorun)
  };
The JVM should start much faster, so maybe it will be enough to boost the
process start. At least it should not slow things down.

> > IMHO we need at least the following properties:
> > - java.vm.info
> > - java.vm.name
> > - java.vm.vendor
> > - java.vm.version
> > - os.arch
> > - os.name
> > - os.version
> > - file.encoding
> > - user.language
>
> Added to Ant, starting with tonight's run.

Wow, Sam, you're damn reactive :)

However, We should pay attention to this, since the JVM info are not
necessarily the JVM info used to run the testcases (depends if fork is
enabled or not and if your java exe in your path match the one used to run
ant via JAVA_HOME.)

Windows users often have some nice surprises since the JRE exes are copied
into system32 and that this is the first in the path. Personnally, i'm
wiping out these exe to avoid confusion. This is also why these info should
definitely be part of the testcase reports in order to be sure how tests
were run.

Stephane