ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <baill...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: Automated execution of run-tests via gump
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:16:57 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 8:03 PM
Subject: Automated execution of run-tests via gump

> Based on Conor MacNeill's request, I am going to start executing the
> run-tests target as a part of my daily gump runs.  I am also choosing to
> automatically post failures here.  For the moment, the tests are failing.
> On one machine I am getting the following:
>
>     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteWatchdogTest
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 2.092 sec
>     [junit]
>     [junit] Testcase: testNoTimeOut took 2.088 sec
>     [junit]     FAILED
>     [junit] process should not have been killed
>     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: process should not have
been killed
>     [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:32)

What is the JDK/Platform ?

Stefan commented one assert on a method because it was failing on his
Linux/IBM JDK 1.3 box (some return code problem). I have tried it on Windows
with Sun JDK 1.2.2, Sun JDK 1.3 and IBM JDK 1.3, it was working fine but the
IBM JDK was giving me a different behavior on 'testFailed'.

If it fails on testNoTimeOut, it probably means that there is a long
delay(more than 1sec ?!) between forking the process and executing the
class. I should probably fork the process using -classic to avoid too much
overhead at the start.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost/localstart.asp
>     [junit] --- Nested Exception ---
>     [junit] java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost/localstart.asp

No Web server ?

As an additional note, I think that it should be interesting to post
information about the platform/jdk/os/language/encoding used when running
the tests. It is one thing I didn't have time to really address for the
JUnit task for Ant 1.3. That is too bad because it is essential to have
environment info. :-(

IMHO we need at least the following properties:
- java.vm.info
- java.vm.name
- java.vm.vendor
- java.vm.version