ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.fr>
Subject Modifications to the WLRun task
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 07:32:13 GMT
I tried to use the WLRun task yesterday and I found several modifications that could improve
the usability of this task. I don't know to whom I should send them so here they are :

(1) When there is an error reading the weblogicSystemHome directory, print the full absolute
path name in order to better detect where the error comes from :

        if (!weblogicSystemHome.isDirectory()) {

String fullPath = null;
try {
    fullPath = weblogicSystemHome.getCanonicalPath();
} catch (Exception e) {
    // handle the error
}

            throw new BuildException("weblogic home directory " + fullPath + " is not valid");
        }

(2)  use the "project.resolveFile()" API to resolve all path names. Otherwise the basedir
attribute of your Ant project is not taken into account.

So, instead of writing :

    public void setHome(String weblogicHome) {
        weblogicSystemHome = new File((weblogicHome);
    }

write :

    public void setHome(String weblogicHome) {
        weblogicSystemHome = project.resolveFile(weblogicHome);
    }

(3) Don't locate the policy file relative to the weblogicSystemHome (As I put my policy file
elsewhere, I had to modify WLRun).

Instead of writing :

        File securityPolicyFile = null;
        if (securityPolicy == null) {
            securityPolicyFile = new File(weblogicSystemHome, defaultPolicyFile);
        }
        else {
            securityPolicyFile = new File(weblogicSystemHome, securityPolicy);
        }

write :

        File securityPolicyFile = null;
        if (securityPolicy == null) {
            securityPolicyFile = new File(weblogicSystemHome, defaultPolicyFile);
        }
        else {
            securityPolicyFile = project.resolveFile(securityPolicy);
        }


That's all !
thanks.
Vincent


Mime
View raw message