ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: New manual organization
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:15:26 GMT
Christoph,

From: "Christoph Wilhelms" <Christoph.Wilhelms@tui.de>
> I LOVE that approch :-))))!

Thanks.:-)

> It seems pretty complete to me - BTW: Will Antidote be part of 1.3? It's
> quite usable, and I like it a lot, but there is still a lot to do until a
> release candidate, IMHO. If we include Antidote, we should link the
> Antidote-Docs!

Antidote will not be part of the binary release. It will be part of the
source build but just to let
people know it is there and to try it out, etc. The documentation will not
be linked, therefore.

> Do we need a "no-frames" version? I think everyone has a browser, wich is
> capable of frames, right?

I think frames is OK. Lynx may have trouble. If you don't have frames, the
index.html file has a link to toc.html in the noframes section, which is
sufficient.

Try http://jakarta.apache.org/~conor/manual/toc.html to see what I mean.You
get a few extra windows because of the "target" attributes but probably
would not on a non frames capable browser.

> Additionally: Can we exploit the "Dean's Icons" (like in Antidote) for
> navigation-purpose, mainly in the left frame (home, next, back, etc.)?

Perhaps. When it is in CVS, you can send me a patch because I want to
update some of the content next. (depend task , tar and untar updates,
general build process changes).

Conor