ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: -emacs flag ??
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:26:22 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
> At 09:47  28/2/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> >> why not? ;)
> >
> >Because doing so would imply our default action is wrong?
>
> I think it is ;) I think default should be
>
> " -logger org.apache.tools.ant.NoBannerLogger -emacs"
>
> because that is what most people expect from other similar tools.

Well, that isn't really an argument, is it? I mean I could say that people
expect an arcane, tab-delimited syntax from similar tools. :-)

> >Don't think so, -emacs should be the exception IMHO.
>
> Possibly but it increases the effort required to develope ant udner
certain
> tools (emacs/vi/*edit).

We could compromise and use yet another environment variable - ANT_EMACS -
just for you, Pete.

Overall I'm -0 on changing. Thought I'd save anyone the trouble of
degrading a -1.

Conor