ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: ant.jar and Package Version Identification
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 22:47:37 GMT
You can use

1. <echo> to write something to an ASCII-file and use this in a way you like
2. <jar> and include a manifest which contains the information you need
3. <filter> and <copy> (or replace) to replace tokens in your sources

To manage your build-number you could use <propertyfile> to increment the
build-number in a properties-file and <property> to read it in afterwards.

You will need to replace your build-number manually before starting with
1.1, or you need to include the version-number in the name of the property.

Nico

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nese Myles" <nmyles@kapoof.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 10:52 PM
Subject: RE: ant.jar and Package Version Identification

I am interested in this. This goes back to my fuzzy question about how could
Ant have some of kind "versioning task" to slap a build number for every
build that I post for the Developers and QA. For example, the current
release is 1.0. For every build that I post between 1.0 and lets say 1.1, I
need to assign a build number to each of these builds. So instead of
manually labeling the posted build  1.0.r5, I would like to know if there's
a way for  Ant to stamp the build that I produced when I post.