BugRat Report # 724

Project: Ant Release: 1.2
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: Yosef Teitz ( yossie@reachcast.co.il )
Date Submitted: Jan 9 2001, 06:40:57 CST
Responsible: Z_Ant Alias ( ant-bugs@cortexity.com )

Synopsis:
ANT does not work in directories whose name contains a "#" character
Environment: (jvm, os, osrel, platform)
Sun JDK 1.3, Windows 2000, --, Intel

Additional Environment Description:

Report Description:
ANT fails to read files in directories with a "#" character because the underlying XML parser considers the filename to be a URL (internally it adds "file:" to the path. The XML parser then considers the "#" as a anchor delimiter within the web page. This bug is particularly nasty for us since we use the Continuus configuration management system which likes to place projects under a directory named projectName#userName. This bug renders ANT unusable in our environment.

How To Reproduce:
null

Workaround:
null