ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta PMC Meeting Agenda / Info
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:50:11 GMT
Conor MacNeill <conor@cognet.com.au> wrote:

> As I am both geographically challenged and timezone challenged, I
> will not be able to provide any real-time input for this meeting. In
> any case, the cost of doing so would not be something I would
> entertain.

Same here (all points).

>>     As part of this bullet point, I will be moving that we propose
>>     to the board the creation of a separate, top level project for
>>     Ant.

Maybe embed Ant with other projects like Alexandria and JMeter to a
development tools project?

Besides I don't think there'd be too many changes the Ant community
would perceive when Ant gets moved out of Jakarta. A new URL, another
PMC but not much more.

>>  *) Formalization of a subproject responsibility hierarchy. The
>>  PMC, and its chairman, are responsible for the day to day
>>  operations of the subprojects contained by the Jakarta Project.
>
> What exactly is encompassed by "day to day operations"? Does it
> include technical decisions and directions?

Don't think so. This is the responsibility of the active developers of
a project according to ASF rules.

Stefan