ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: onFailure
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:31:06 GMT
Conor MacNeill <> wrote:

>> Not exactly the type of functionality one would expect from a pure
>> Listener, but as we move towards a "FrontEnd" or something this
>> seems the appropriate place.
> Indeed, I think there are some problems with this approach. It
> changes the build listener from a pure "view" interface into
> something more. We would then need to decide how to handle multiple
> listeners.

The closest thing to a FrontEnd we currently have, is the BuildLogger
which is already special - maybe put this capability in there?

But in the long term (speak Ant2) we need a stronger control component
anyway - for things like a prompt task or asking for a password and

I'm not sure we should put the capability Pete describes into
BuildListener for Ant 1.3 just to remove it from there for 2.0
again. On the other hand, we won't manage to build a complete FrontEnd
functionality for Ant 1.3, so whatever we do, it would break in Ant2.

Sitting on the fence.

View raw message