ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PMC official business
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:40:17 GMT
<snipped a big part I mostly agreed with />

Ceki Gülc <cgu@urbanet.ch> wrote:

> We also need a whole body of supporting guideline documents
> (legislation).

This is on its way. The voting rules have been clarified and other
guidelines will follow.

> ps: On a related note, I don't think this discussion should be held
> on the ant-dev list. Shouldn't there be a list for project wide
> (Jakarta) discussions?

You're looking for general@jakarta.apache.org 8-)

This discussion is just a side effect of of a thread that was very Ant
specific. And yes, the question whether there is a "Jakarta community"
or not cannot be answered by the Ant community (alone).

But if the majority of the Ant community decided to leave the Jakarta
project, this would probably indicate there was no "Jakarta
community" - only a "Server community", a "Library community", a
"Devtools community" or even only "Tomcat community", "log4j
community", "Ant community".

Stefan