ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Intended change to <zip>
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:03:16 GMT
Hi,

when Don's ZipFileSet stuff has been committed I complained about some
things but nobody responded. As I'm not sure anybody has read that
mail, I'll give you a heads up as I'm going to address the problem as
I see it myself.

What I intend to do:

* remove <prefixedfileset> completely as it has only been part of
1.3alpha and can be dropped before we come to the first release
candidate IMHO.

* make <fileset> a plain FileSet for a couple of reasons: (1)
backwards compatibility - there may be people invoking Zip.addFileset()
directly. (2) consistency - a <fileset> should be a <fileset> no
matter which task it has been nested into and related (3) make it
possible to have a DTD for it - we cannot have multiple ATTLISTs for
<fileset> elements depending on context.

* add <zipfileset> for the new functionality.

Unless I hear any objections I'm going to make these changes tomorrow.

Stefan