ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] name that task: <transform>
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:11:04 GMT
Hi,

when I committed the <transform> task Jon didn't like the name. I'm
not sure whether it was a -1 or just a -0 but lets make sure we get
consent on this.

The task is an extension of <execon> that applies a system command to
a couple of files (specified by a fileset) that are newer than a
corresponding set of target files (specified by a mapper). The most
common usecase for this is transforming *.ext1 to *.ext2 - that's
why I called it <transform>.

Jon pointed out that there are a couple of other tasks doing
transformations as well and the name might be misleading.

When I asked for a better name Jose Alberto suggested <apply> - this
would have been a great name for <execon> IMHO, but we are talking
about <transform>.

So we have to vote for a name I guess.

<transform>
<apply>
<something else - please name it>

My vote is +1 on <transform> and +0 on <apply>.

Stefan