ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant.java + inhert proeprties flag
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:23:21 GMT

> first time I had to use Ant/CallTarget in moderately complex manner
> and I realized that what a whole bunch of people were saying ages
> ago was right.

welcome to the club 8-)

> So what do you thing of adding an attribute "inheritproperties" for
> ant task which only inherits current build files properties if set
> to true. Defaults to false for backwards compatability ?

Defaults to *true* for backwards compatability, isn't it?

Actually I don't think it would be a good idea to change that right
now, we know we are going to break whatever hack gets into 1.3 in Ant2
anyway. Adding a new feature in 1.3 implies that we are going to
support it in 2.x as well IMHO and this may very well not be true for
what you propose.

Given that -1 should mean "I will help to implement a better
solution", make that a -0 for now ;-). I don't know any other solution
ATM.

Stefan