ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with the current bootstrap process
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:38:30 GMT

> At 05:17  29/1/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>It seems the compiler is smart enough to rely on *final* here but
>>chooses to read the value from the source instead of the class
>>file.

> One way to fix it is to convert Constants to a class and make the
> values non final (unsexy but workable).

Yes.

What I don't understand is why it is picking up the source from
src/main instead of build/src - even if I use
<src path="${build.src}:${java.dir}" /> and no srcdir attribute at
all.

In this case javac gets invoked with -sourcepath pointing to build/src
first and Constants.java is not in the list of files to compile, but
javac still picks up the version from src/main.

Confused

        Stefan