ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant 1.3 ? ant 2.0? timeline
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:57:59 GMT
Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Conor MacNeill <conor@ebinteractive.com.au> wrote:
>> There are some things I still want to do before we go for an Ant
>> 1.3 release. I expect a couple of weeks at most. I'd like to
>> propose a vote then, if we can all wait.
>
> Actually, now might be a good time to at least review the open bugs
> list and see what should be slated for 1.3 and what can wait

Yes, this is where I wanted to start as well - but I've had some
trouble using BugRat lately.

> Also, that brings up the question: What happens to Ant1.x
> development -- are things going forward after 1.3 as if there will
> be an Ant 1.4, or is Ant1.x not just a lame duck but a dead one?

Ant1 is not dead yet - and I can imagine that not all users of Ant1
will jump to Ant2 once it has been released, so Ant1 will still be
maintained by some people (chalk me up for that).

Depending on future directions, I can easily imagine that we would
start to implement some of the expected Ant2 features in the Ant1
codebase.

Stefan