ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build.classpath and tinderbox builds
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 11:21:35 GMT
Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> At the moment, the classpath attributes/elements are placed in
> *FRONT* of any system defined classpaths.  In most cases, this means
> that the developer has no easy way to override this behavior at
> runtime.

I think what Diane wanted to point you at was some discussion we had a
while back (and I think Jay implemented the outcome, but I haven't
looked at his code).

We wanted to have two new attributes, something like addruntime and
addsystemclasspath. Looking at the code you've committed it seems one
could achieve the desired effect with addsystemclasspath="false". Say
you have

<javac ...>
  <classpath>
    <pathelement path="mypath" />
  </classpath>
</javac>

then build.sysclasspath=="first" would become

<javac addsystemclasspath="false" ...>
  <classpath>
    <pathelement path="${java.class.path}" />
    <pathelement path="mypath" />
  </classpath>
</javac>

or still be the default. Likewise "last" is

<javac addsystemclasspath="false" ...>
  <classpath>
    <pathelement path="mypath" />
    <pathelement path="${java.class.path}" />
  </classpath>
</javac>

"ignore" would not include a pathelement for java.class.path at all.

I'm not sure what "only" would mean. Ignore the use specified
classpath completely? Do you have any use case for that or has this
been added just for completeness?

Stefan