ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUG?] Java Task adds Ant Classpath when forking
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:10:34 GMT
Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> For now, perhaps the default for the "java" task should be changed
> to ignore?

Which could be easily done by changing CommandlineJava to use
concatSystemClasspath("ignore") - a change I introduced, when I
committed Jay's javac refactoring, allows you do specify the intended
default value.

What do you think, should we change all places that invoke
concatSystemClasspath to specify which default value to use (and make
whatever Ant 1.2 would have done the default)? This would keep full
backwards compatibility while giving build.sysclasspath the power you
need.

Stefan