ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Javadoc.java
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:13:37 GMT
Glenn McAllister <glenn@somanetworks.com> wrote:

> Just in case anyone is wondering, I had to create my include strings
> as
>
> org/blah/blah/**
>
> and test for .java files in each included directory, because doing
>
> org/blah/blah/**/*.java
>
> returns 0 included directories.

Right, but you could get to your directory by calling File.getParent()
for the included files. Not sure, but this might be more efficient
than scanning the filesystem twice.

> Anyone care to explain the logic of that one to me?

Hmm, I don't know why Arnout decided to name the things like he did,
but the logic is that an object is labeled included if it matches one
of the include patterns and no exclude pattern. Obviously a directory
doesn't match a **/*.java pattern, so it is not included by this
definition.

Stefan