ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mariusz Nowostawski <>
Subject Re: long command lines from execon with parallel=true
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:07:23 GMT
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Dan Christopherson wrote:
> Under ant 1.2 and ant 1.3 I'm using the execon task to fire off a build of
> a pile of JSPs (under WinNT). this results in a very long command line
> that will not execute.
> I've made a local change to the 1.2 sources to add a 'batch' attribute to
> the execon task (telling it how many source files to pass per batch
> execution of the command). Should I submit this patch?

Sounds all right to me. Some of the underlying executable programs may
also expect limited number of arguments, so your patch would make that
easier to use as well.

> Alternatively, is there another way to accomplish the same means with
> the normal functionality?

You can always use:
* parallel=false, to make single argument per call (slow)
* split single <execon> into several ones making partitioning of argments
  by explicit arbitrary matching (not nice in general case)

best regards

View raw message