ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Christopherson <da...@danch.com>
Subject long command lines from execon with parallel=true
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:14:30 GMT
Under ant 1.2 and ant 1.3 I'm using the execon task to fire off a build of
a pile of JSPs (under WinNT). this results in a very long command line
that will not execute.

I've made a local change to the 1.2 sources to add a 'batch' attribute to
the execon task (telling it how many source files to pass per batch
execution of the command). Should I submit this patch?

Alternatively, is there another way to accomplish the same means with
the normal functionality?

thanks,
danch

--
Dan Christopherson (danch)
nVisia Technical Architect (www.nvisia.com)

Opinions expressed are mine and do not neccessarily reflect any
position or opinion of nVISIA.

If you're a capitalist and you have the best goods and they're
free, you don't have to proselytize, you just have to wait.
-Eben Moglen