ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XML support in ant
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 02:05:17 GMT
St├ęphane Bailliez wrote:

> - importing nodes from one document to another. changeNodeOwner
> is com.sun.xml only and importNode is DOM L2.
> Workaround: Write the nth importNode for DOM L1.

My recommendation is to go with DOM L2.  I believe that there is a Crimson
version in early access release that supports DOM L2.

> - XML serialization (at least a DOMWriter). Xerces provides such
> as support as well as crimson.
> Workaround: Write the nth DOMWriter.

I have no good suggestion here.  Rumor has it that this will be fixed in
DOM L3...

Since the licenses for both Crimson and Xerces are compatible with the
license for Ant, you could simply include your favorite DOMWriter with your
task for now.  I'd recommend renaming it (at least the package part to
avoid conflicts).

- Sam Ruby