ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Any documentation for build.classpath?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:17:32 GMT
OK, OK, I'll take a pass through the docs this week.  [And, yes, I did see
Diane's reminder under an unrelated subject line last week].

I believe this stuff has settled down for the moment.  It made at least two
radical shifts during the course of its development.

What I see is that each task which specifies a classpath needs to clearly
specify how (or if) what is specified is combined with the system class
path - this unfortunately varies on a task by task basis.  Each will
contain a pointer to a common section which will describe how
build.classpath can be used to override this.

Ultimately there may need to be further work in this area as
build.classpath is not granular enough - there are some tasks that are not
terribly tolerant of changes to the classpath.

- Sam Ruby