ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: What I did to Delete.java
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:52:25 GMT
Glenn McAllister wrote:

> I'm happy to fix this, but I'm going to follow Sam's lead on
> this one. :-) Anyone have any objections before I do this?

Yes, I see the smiley.  But I have to comment anyway ;-)

The normal steady state of a healthy open source project operates under the
principle that it generally is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

What I omitted from my description of the process is that my change was
clearly a disruptive one where the ramifications of the change were
difficult to determine in advance.  It took me several iterations to get it
close, and even then it has taken Stefan a few iterations (including one
just a few hours ago) to get it right.

- Sam Ruby