ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: PMC official business
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:12:58 GMT
Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> ps: On a related note, I don't think this discussion should be
> held on the ant-dev list. Shouldn't there be a list for
> project wide (Jakarta) discussions?

There is a list for project wide (Jakarta) discussions - it is
general@jakarta.apache.org.  Feel free to copy that list and attach any or
all of this there.

I have a number of specific reasons why I wanted to initiate a discussion
to be followed up by a vote by the Ant community.  The original charter for
Jakarta was for Tomcat, and Ant is the project that is simultaneously most
out of scope, most likely to be self-sustaining, and had a recent crisis of
sorts concerning the scope of the PMC versus the wishes of the majority of
committers.

If despite all of this, the wishes of the majority of the committers of
this project wish to remain as a part of Jakarta, then my job of getting
approval for an expanded scope is considerably simpler.

- Sam Ruby