ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Why do people like copying the source?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:40:15 GMT
In particular, I'm talking about items such as the following:

    <copy todir="${build.src}">
      <fileset dir="${java.dir}"/>
    </copy>

Whether one uses an IDE, or JIKES+EMACS, or simply cut and paste from the
command line, I have generally found it to be simpler and much less
confusing if the files mentioned in the error messages of the compiler are
the ones that you are expected to edit in order to correct the problem.

I realize that Main.java and defaultManifest.mf are special cases.  Perhaps
those two files could be copied INTO the source tree instead of having
every file copied OUT.

- Sam Ruby