ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: New build process???
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:05:10 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> I would like to change the ant build process so that it is wholely
> self contained within it's own directories. So instead of going
> back a directory it would build inside the ant sub-directory.

I was against this until I started this tinderbox experiment of mine.
Watching two servlet-api's obliterate each other convinced me.

> Thoughts?

Probably part of your proposal, but just to be clear:

1) build and dist don't exist in cvs.  In fact, the clean target continues
   to delete these directories.

2) both build and dist are mentioned in .cvsignore so there is no warning
   messages on cvs updates, commits, etc.

- Sam Ruby