ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Build ahoy
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:08:34 GMT
I've taken a look at the new build files.  Just something to be aware of -
there once was a reason why we didn't have the build.{bat,sh} files set
ANT_HOME to the dist directories.  It seems under certain circumstances,
the JVM would crash if a jar file in the CLASSPATH were modified during the
course of execution.

I believe that the solution we settled on was to have the bootstrap compile
all of the core and place the results in the lib directory (which now would
be build/lib), and use this directory in the scripts.  Building using the
scripts would not update the lib directory, but only the dist directory.

This does not currently appear to be a problem with Sun JDK 1.3 on Win2K.
But as I said, something to be aware of...

- Sam Ruby