ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <m...@mvdb.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for Building Ant under OS/2 (and question)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:59:23 GMT
Windows NT also knows .cmd files...

Mvgr,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Griffin [mailto:ftg@ntplx.net]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 11:53 PM
To: ant-dev
Subject: Proposal for Building Ant under OS/2 (and question)

Hello All,

I've just joined this list, because I am interested in modfiying the Ant
build procedures to support OS/2.  Actually, I've built Ant successfully
under OS/2 by hacking the build scripts, but I'd like to formalize the
support, get it reviewed, and get it committed.

OS/2 uses script files which (as far as I can tell from the examples of the
Ant, Xerces, Xalan, and FOP builds) accept the Windows .BAT file syntax
unchanged.  However, they are expected to have the extension .CMD.

Also, the latest OS/2 JDK does not keep all of the Java JARs and EXEs in the
same directory.  They differentiate between SDK stuff (javac.exe, tools.jar)
and runtime stuff (java.exe, rt.jar).  The BIN and LIB directories for the
SDK stuff live one level higher than JAVA_HOME.  In a typical installation,
the BIN and LIB directories for SDK stuff will be under C:\JAVA13\, while
the runtime stuff will be under C:\JAVA13\JRE.

I propose to handle this by: