ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <m...@mvdb.com>
Subject Tips on developing on Ant... and keeping ant dev readable?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:28:51 GMT
Hi,

Do you guys have any tips on developing on Ant? I'm currently just changing
stuff in the checkout version of ant. Do you all copy it to a different
directory before you play around with it or do use "a different" way?
Do you have you're own build scripts etc etc. I don't have write permissions
to ant.
I can think of a scenario or two, but you already had to face these
questions and I rather use that knowledge..
I'm open to every option ;-)) (I develop on Windows 2000 and linux most of
the time and test on linux).

The other part of the question is : How on earth do I keep ant-dev
readable?? Is there some nice way to keep track of message id's and there
relation, so I can have a nice "newsgroup" format or is there no way to do
this (I use outlook 2000)?

Just having fun here...

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt