ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: <echo> task now logs its name?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:28:40 GMT
Diane,

In the context of a GUI, how would you want echo to work? System.out doesn't
make much sense in that context. Echo was changed to that all output is
delivered from tasks via the event system. OK, not all yet, but that is
something I want to look at in terms of the System.out usage. The GUI can
then choose how to display it.

You could use a listener which treated "echo" messages differently

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au