ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: onFailure
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:21:06 GMT
> Sounds OK to me.
>
> Not exactly the type of functionality one would expect from a pure
> Listener, but as we move towards a "FrontEnd" or something this seems
> the appropriate place.

Indeed, I think there are some problems with this approach. It changes the
build listener from a pure "view" interface into something more. We would
then need to decide how to handle multiple listeners. Which listener gets to
decide whether the exception is swallowed. Any or all? Is order of listeners
important?

I think it would be better to define a separate BuildControl interface of
which there would only be one and through which these build control
operations can be sent.

Thoughts?