ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Changes to new build process
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:10:34 GMT
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
> >The construct
> >    <zip zipfile="${dist.base}/${dist.name}-bin.zip"
> >         basedir="${dist.dir}/.."
> >         includes="${dist.dir}/**"/>
> >would fail for values of "dist.dir" which are not a simple directory.
> >Absolute paths and paths containing a / will fail to work as expected.
>
> I am not 100% sure why could you explain. The only thing I can think of is
> the include not working - in which case we could replace it with
> "${dist.dir}/../**" which should work, no ?

Let us say that dist.dir = dist/special.

Then the above becomes

<zip zipfile="${dist.base}/${dist.name}-bin.zip"
         basedir="dist/special/.."
         includes="dist/special/**"/>

There will be no dist/special directory in dist which is where dist/special
resolves to. Therefore nothing will be in the zip. Absolute paths fail in a
similar fashion. I don't think your proposed change would fix that. Anyway,
it is a moot point now, since this zip is only performed by the bin-dist
target and the dirs are always of the correct form.

Conor