ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/script ant ant.bat antRun antRun.bat lcp.bat runant.pl
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 02:27:35 GMT
Pete,

OK, but you can't use ant.home since ant.home is set to "." by build.bat.
I'll do some work with it if I get time.

> Right - they had already drifted anyways ;) But I want to replace
> this with
> next stage - basically rip some code out of AntEater to use as boot
> strapper. So in the future there will be minimal differences again ;)

OK, I'll hang out for those changes.

There is another issue. You are using the build classes in the classpath
while you are building them. The old scripts created an ant.jar in lib just
for doing builds. This ant.jar was only touched by the bootstrap process
(not the build process). Writing on classes in the classpath can lead to
undesirable effects. As an extreme example, try

build clean main

> >build dist -Ddist.dir=%ANT_HOME%
> >
> >but it blows up with
>
> hmm try updating again. It works for me - what platform? I tested
> on win32.

Still fails on NT4 for me. I'll investigate further if I have some time.

Thanks for the other changes. The full-dist targets look good. I assume it
was intentional to remove the source from the binary distribution. That
makes sense to me.

Version stuff is a little mixed up but its there

Ant version January 24 2001 compiled on January 24 2001

Conor