ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/script ant ant.bat antRun antRun.bat lcp.bat runant.pl
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:10:22 GMT
Pete,

I have a few quick comments.

You have removed the junit.jar. Since you had championed it in the first
place, I find that curious. I also find the taskdef'ing of the junit task
odd. It is part of the ant definitions anyway.

The install targets have gone. I used these to promote a build from my
development area into my standard ANT_HOME area. Since I both develop and
use ant I want to control over that. In other words ANT_HOME is NOT my
development area. I think being able to install like this is a good thing
and is common practice in make based projects (make install, etc)

The release targets have all gone. I presume replaced by the dist target.

The dist target creates the distribution files in the ant "root" directory.
I would prefer in a separate directory for easier distribution/uploading.
The naming of the files is not in line with the previous build script nor
the website.

The paths in the distribution start with "dist". Previous practice was to
have this in the root directory. I think having a path is good, but I don't
think it should be "dist". For example Tomcat 4.0's nightly binary build has
everything under "jakarta-tomcat-4.0"

There are no source distributions. These need to be prepared with the
appropriate fixcrlf applied.

I'll have a better look later on.

Conor