ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject RE: Ant 2.0 - Frantic: How are properties resolved?
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:10:51 GMT

I require a Task to get its property from the engine. The PropertyDump Task
illustrates this through the use of the engine.getPropertyValue(name)
method.

The HierarchialHashtables are a means of storing property values in a scoped
manner, but they go ahead and store properties in their ${} form. When the
property is requested by the Task, it is substituted at that time.

jim