ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject RE: Ant 2.0 - Frantic: How are properties resolved?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:48:14 GMT

The runtime tree allows variables to have scope much like a compiler engine
works when making nested or recursive method calls. Properties (variables)
can be set by a task then a sub task is invoked with the variable equal to
that value. Next the subtask could change the value and invoke another
subtask. As the tasks finish, any variable settings they have made are lost
as they are popped off the stack. (Unless of course, they changed a global
variable which should be allowed.)

Also, scripting support would benefit greatly from being able to dynamically
change the execution path, or perhaps invoking the same task several times,
but with different property values.

jim