ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject RE: Jakarta PMC Meeting Agenda / Info
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:14:15 GMT

But it would be, if the Apache Group released the rights to the name.

> Also, at *any* point, it is fully your right to fork the code
> that currently composes Ant over to sourceforge.

I suppose that you are just offering that little tidbit for informations
sake. I was suggesting that a discussion should take place to move *Ant* out
of Apache. This would be in the spirit of Duncan's "it's time for it to
breathe on its own and not under the Jakarta project where it can be
forgotten."

> Make Ant whatever you want it to be.

I have no desire to fork Ant. I want to present the committers of Ant 2.0
with some new and fresh ideas with a design that is a little bit more
radical than the one they are currently considering.

jim