ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject [Coding Standards] Apache licence and GPL compatible?
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:09:36 GMT
I've just had an email from Chris Seguin, the author of the code reformatting utilities.  It
looks to him that the GPL and Apache licenses are incompatible.  He says:

> The apache license says that the code is owned by the
> Apache organization (and that it should remain open
> source).  GPL seems incompatible with this.  GPL says
> that the code is still owned by me.

Can someone clarify this so that I can give him some firm information - apologies if this
has come up a thousand times before - I couldn't find a helpful reference in my archives.

I hasten to say that he goes on to say:

> I might just start releasing it with a Apache license
> instead.
>
> Also, I'm excited!  I got Ant to work today!!!!

Stuart.