ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Bailey <JBai...@digitalboardwalk.com>
Subject Inconsistency in jakarta-ant\bin\ant.bat
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 23:46:46 GMT
Good day all,

It appears as though there is a slight inconsistency in
jakarta-ant\bin\ant.bat when building from cvs source.

line 80 reads:
%JAVACMD% -classpath %LOCALCLASSPATH% -Dant.home="%ANT_HOME%"
-Djikes.class.path=%JIKESPATH% %ANT_OPTS% org.apache.tools.ant.Main
%ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS%

when it should (i believe) read:
%_JAVACMD% -classpath %LOCALCLASSPATH% -Dant.home="%ANT_HOME%"
-Djikes.class.path=%JIKESPATH% %ANT_OPTS% org.apache.tools.ant.Main
%ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS%

This is obviously not an issue when JAVACMD is defined as an environmental
variable but when attempting to a "build install" (after bootstrapping) on a
system which does not have this variable defined, the user receives the
following error:

'-classpath' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

Which is not very descriptive and doesnt give much hint as to what the user
must do to correct this issue.

If this issue has been adressed, I appologize as I have not done a very good
job keeping up with my list mail lately and cant remember the damn url to
the archive.  If I am just being a moron and missing something obvious, I
appologize twice :)

Thanks :)

-j